3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 10:44 AM by ycardozo

Problem with latest Photoshop Update

ycardozo Level 1

A friend on Windows 7 updated Photoshop CS6 last night. He had previously updated RAW to 7.4 with no problems. When he updated the main Photoshop program he discovered in Bridge that he could no longer do a bulk highlight of images. In other words, let's say you have Bridge open with a number of images up and you wish to highlight 10 of them. You would highlight the first, click on shift, then highlight the last. Or, you could hit the first, click control and hit whichever nonsequential images you wish to highlight.  After the update, he was no longer able to do this. Only a single image could be highlighted at a time, regardless of whether he clicked shift or control. As I said, he is on windows and version 7. This ONLY occured after the update. He immediately did a restore to a date from a few days previously (losing all the work he had done but also the update) and the problem went away. Has anyone else encountered this problem?      

I am not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories, please. But I do believe computer programs are extremely complex. I do believe updates bring their own bugs which in the past have needed complex fixing.  I do believe Adobe plans to push everyone into cloud subscriptions. And I do believe Adobe is simply not putting much effort into these fixes while pouring all its efforts into the cloud. As I said, has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, It is major and needs attention.

• 1. Re: Problem with latest Photoshop Update
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the photoshop cs6 update: the 13.01.1 for perpetual lincense or the the cloud 13.1.2?

Did the other available updates get applied as well, besides just the the one for photoshop cs6 itself?

If it's an windows 7 64 bit system, does it not work in both the 32 and 64 bit versions of bridge cs6?

• 2. Re: Problem with latest Photoshop Update
            PhotoRoy1 Level 1

"He immediately did a restore to a date from a few days previously (losing all the work he had done but also the update"

How did he lose the work?   Restore doesn't effect data saved in files.

• 3. Re: Problem with latest Photoshop Update
              ycardozo Level 1

Not the cloud. And only photoshop, not extended or anything else. When I spoke to him the next day, I asked what version he 'restored' to and it was 13.0.1. So I am now totally confused. However, since his program is now working, I guess his problem is solved. I personally don't feel comfortable doing ANY updates after the problems I had trying to update RAW last November (which led to eight pages of discussion elsewhere on this forum).