Do you mean setting the document's base language attribute (/Catalog/Lang)? Or something else?
The base language attribute - thanks.
I don't know what software you are using to work with PDFs – but the language is found as the value of the Lang key in the Catalog dictionary.
Acrobat 9 Pro - it's simple to set the language in the properties but there's a couple of hundred documents that I need to update.
OK – this area is for discussion of PDF itself.
There is another forum here for Acrobat specific developing using our SDK (Software Development Kit) - post there for help.
If you have a recent version of Acrobat Pro:
- launch Preflight
- click on icon for Fixups to see list of fixups
- search for fixups containing "language" (will find the one fixup that does what you are looking for)
- adjust as needed (so it sets the language you want to set)
- try on a sample document that has no or the wrong language set
- double check the outcome is what you want
- create a Preflight profile that contains just the above mentioned fixup
- name it with something easy to find again (put something like "001" or "!" at the beginning of the name so it is always listed first in the list of profiles)
- set up an action in the action wizard (in earier versions this was called batch sequences)
- define an action, calling Preflight, usign the just created profile with the above mentioned fixup
- configure the action / batch sequences such that you can process your set of documents