3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2007 2:40 PM by HKabaker

Text Only Pop Up - WebHelp

Hi, I'm having some problem compiling my WebHelp output. It appears that all topics that include Text Only pop-ups have warnings. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong. I want my project to be clean or at least understand the Warning. Is there anyplace that troubleshoots the Compiler errors on the web or through Adobe. I can't believe there isn't Help on many of the areas I struggle in.

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Text Only Pop Up - WebHelp
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Kathleen. Without knowing the exact warning message it may be worth looking at the ActiveX and security settings in your browser.
          • 2. Re: Text Only Pop Up - WebHelp
            KathleenOlsen Level 1
            I'm not a techi by any stretch I wouldn't know what to check for. This is the message I get repeatedly in the compilation section for each instance where there is a text only pop up.
            Warning: found invalid html file <topic name>_text0.htm for webhelp
            Warning: found invalid html file <topic name>_text1.htm for webhelp

and so on depending on how many text pop ups I may have in the topic.

Does this help and how do people get help on problems such as this outside of this forum. I tried the support desk and ended up in Manilla without any results.

Thanks for your time.
            • 3. Re: Text Only Pop Up - WebHelp
              HKabaker Level 2
              You can ignore these warnings. I saw them frequently in RH 6. I even posted a query, to which no one had an answer.

The important point is whether those popups work when you open the WebHelp output.