5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2013 9:28 AM by ibarrien

another 90 minds down the drain after loosing a job I've been working on.

plunderclat

The bugs in photoshop touch on the samsung galaxy note 2 (GT-N7100) stock 4.1.2, are in abundance and have cost me hours of spare time.

Was working with 3 layers using different blend modes to get a bit closer to an effect I was trying to achieve to finally complete it, and pressing 'done/save' seem to go reletavely swimmingly, until the thumbnail appeared to be just 'white' so I exported it to my device gallery and then returned to ps touch, to find it was still white and when I opened the project, guess what I get? White. Absolutely nothing there. No images, no layers, no effects. NOTHING.

How on earth am I supposed to to continue using this software on this device?  How could I even consider spending another 10 minutes using it, when there's a good chance it'll either corrupt or vanish? ?? I have done absolutely nothing I wasn't supposed to! I was treading on eggshells to begin with because I'd already lost 2 rather complex projects.

I really want to be part of helping you iron out issues on android , and don't mind but I have finally just lost my incentive

That's made me feel so stressed lol. I know it shouldn't but I really loved what I did and feel that I shouldn't have even been able to purchase this app with that being a risk. That's about six hours of What little spare time I have I'll never get back.

You need to work faster addressing these issues or pull it from play until you get a bit further than 'alpha' stage, please?

• 1. Re: another 90 minds down the drain after loosing a job I've been working on.
          joerg eberhardt Employee Moderator

Please always consider that a phone is not a workstation. Save your projects frequently (and create versions) especially when working with big documents and/or lots of layer!

Be aware that on a device running low on memory the OS starts quitting apps!

• 2. Re: another 90 minds down the drain after loosing a job I've been working on.
            plunderclat Level 1

Well I have considered that, but I have also considered that I might be able to use the app since you took my money for it.  I'm not quite sure what it is you're trying to say to me, but your comment makes me feel like you're trying to say that I haven't been using it correctly, or perhaps i should use ps on my desktop pc, for which that is categorically wrong. Like I've said, the app is completely flawed and I have given you free feedback, yet you seem have ignored what I've said and simply criticised the way I use the app indirectly. I own ps white room which I love but this is a very lame  optimisation for droid.

I know that this could be so much better, but I appreciate that it was only £3. It honestly isn't worth that at this stage but it frustrates me because a bug free, fully functional version is within touching distance as observed when using this app, but if you're the best adobe has handling feedback, then I can only hope that I'll get a refund because I feel that you've made it fair to assume that my problem isn't big enough for you to address.

I'm very sorry for my tone but I'm frustrated.

I say what you should do, is build it up from the bottom so it works perfectly and charge a fairer price, perhaps around £30 or so.  Id pay that without a second thought for something better designed and optimised.

I was only using three layers also, and I always clear ram before using this. I am very savvy with regards to windows and lLinux based OS's and I am aware of all of the measures I can take to benefit software that I am using at the time given my 17 years experience.

• 3. Re: another 90 minds down the drain after loosing a job I've been working on.
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Is this PS Touch for phones? (I'm going with yes since you're using the Note 2.) Can you repro this issue consistently? If so, can you give the steps? There may be some common denominator to make it happen. (I'm guessing the combination of blend modes.)

I'm using PS Touch for tablet and haven't come across this issue.

• 4. Re: another 90 minds down the drain after loosing a job I've been working on.
                plunderclat Level 1

Yeah it is, and thanks for the response. The reason I couldn't replicate this issue is because each scenario of it happening were completely random and unrelated.  I've always killed any back ground tasks before using because I've always understood how hungry for hardware, complex editing programs can be. Its one of those 'bang your head against a wall' issues that don't seem to have a trigger or denominator, and whats worse is that adobe seem to be quite passive my issue.

• 5. Re: another 90 minds down the drain after loosing a job I've been working on.
                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

I can understand that you are frustrated but we sometimes need more information in order to help.

What joerg was trying to explain was that on mobile it's a completely different world (than on an PC) and that it can be good to know that,
                  as well as what you can do to try to avoid some issues.

Once a user runs into a problem that we haven't seen before - in your case it seems to occur on save - is to ask questions.

And sometimes we need to ask a lot of them - so here they come:

Did it happen on all of your documents? Did these have something in common in the way you created them? 

Is your device low on space? Have you rooted your device, and unrooted it? Have you worked with different ROM's and correctly gone back to stock?
                  Which version are you using from PS Touch? Are you using Creative Cloud sync?

Concerning:

"until the thumbnail appeared to be just 'white' so I exported it to my device gallery and then returned to ps touch"

Which thumbnail are you referring to, sometimes wording used isn't the same. Did the progress finish when saving - i.e. did you exit editing mode and then realized it was white or did it happen while saving?

thanks,

Ignacio

Message was edited by: ibarrien