1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2013 6:18 AM by OldBob1957

How can I activate Photoshop cs (8.0)?

StuWright123

OK - so its old but I am the proud owner of a legit copy of CS and have used it happily for 8 years.  when I went to use it the other day it tells me that my computer configuration has changed (Not since last time I used it but yes over the last 8 years!!!!) and that I need to reactivate.  SO I click OK and find that the activation server has been taken down (after a couple of cryptic messages and some googling).  SO I try the phone support option and it tells me that I have the wrong number of digits (even though I'm typing those displayed on the screen)

I try amnd help myself - I find links (but to CS2) that don't need activation - so I end up with all advice being to contact support.  SO I do that and get a very polite gentleman that can't help me and directs me to the forums...

I'd very much appreciate anyones assistance as right now ADobe have blocked my use of a legit licensed copy of software - old yes - but mine and it does the job I need!

HELP??!

Stu

• 1. Re: How can I activate Photoshop cs (8.0)?
          OldBob1957 Level 4

You had the right answer with the CS2 downloads. As the title on that page reads;

"Error: Activation Server Unavailable | CS2 OR OLDER products..."

Download and install the CS2 product(s). As long as you hold a legitimate license to a CS2 or older product (as you say you do), then you are part of the target audience and are entitled to do so.

--OB

Edit to add: If you need to get back to the download page, it is HERE.