3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2013 4:22 PM by A.T. Romano

I can't add media to adobe premier 11

Quickey

Hello,

today I bought adobe premiere 11 from the app store.

I had a good downloading progress and everything was okay.

But from the moment I wanted to use the program and add media, I couldn’t add anything.

Everytime if I want to drag something into the uploadzone, this grey warning screen pops up and says:

“To use the selected Clips/project, you must first move them into your movies, music or pictures folders”.

After I close the screen, the collored wind wheel pops up and adobe premier 11 unexpectedly stops from it self.

All the items that I want to drag in the uploadzone are normal files so I don’t understand what the problem is.

I bought my macbook pro only three months ago so it’s not that my computer is unable the read the software otherwise I couldn’t have downloaded it.

Now I am really stuck because I can’t do anything with adobe premier 11.

Thanks for the help,

best regards

• 1. Re: I can't add media to adobe premier 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Quickey

I will probably be asking for more details shortly, but I do want to get clarification on how you are importing media into your Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

1. What are the properties of the source media that you want to import for editing/export? "Normal" is needs definition.

2. Do you have these files stored to a hard drive location on your computer.

3. Are you clicking on Add Media in the Premere Elements 11 Mac workspace and then browsing to and selecting your file(s). If so, they will be seen in the Project Assets area of the program. Have you been there and done all that or something else?

4. From the Project Assets area you drag your file to the Timeline (Expert view).

What made me wonder about what you are doing was your comment

Everytime if I want to drag something into the uploadzone, this grey warning screen pops up and says:

Let us rule in or out the above before continuing further with details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I can't add media to adobe premier 11
            Quickey Level 1

Hello ATR,

The problem is solved.

I couldn't add the files into adobe premier because they weren't stored on the hard drive location on my computer.

It were videoclips on my desktop (that I inported from a "Lacy" harddrive) that I tried to drag (or drop) into the "add media" zone but I first needed to put them into files on my finder.

So if I , for example, putted the video into the "music" folder or in the "movies" folder , then I could upload them in adobe premier via : File-->add media form-->Files and folders

I got a lot of help from the online chatroom from adobe were a adobe employee helped me via screen switch to solve the problem.

It was really helpfull and I was delighted by the amount of time he took to help me (almost more than an houer).

Anyway thanks for you're response and time.

Greetings,

Q

• 3. Re: I can't add media to adobe premier 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Quickey

Thanks for the follow up with the great news of progress.

Great Premiere Elements projects moving forward.

ATR