2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2007 2:21 PM by Newsgroup_User

Copy part of jpg ??

Level 7
      If I have a .jpg file that has a circle, and then something in the circle,
      but the canvas size/background is wrong.

How can I highlight just the circle and everything inside the circle, copy
      it to a new image and put it on a transparent background??

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Copy part of jpg ??
          deesadler User Group Manager
          You can always use your marque tool to make your selection, Select>Inverse and delete. It will make the rest of the image go away and will leave you with a transparent background. Then you can Fit Canvas, or whatever you need to with the image.

Dee
          Adobe Community Expert
          • 2. Re: Copy part of jpg ??
            Level 7
            If I understand you correctly...

Drag out an oval, fill it with white and position it over the area you want
            to save. I always reduce the opacity of the white oval/circle so I can see
            exactly where I'm placing it, but you must increase it back up to 100% after
            you're happy with the positioning. Select both your image and the white oval
            layer and Modify>Mask>Group as Mask. That should leave you with only the
            oval area visible. Now just Ctrl+Alt+T to trim the excess away.

Peter
            | but the canvas size/background is wrong.
            |
            | How can I highlight just the circle and everything inside the circle, copy
            | it to a new image and put it on a transparent background??
            |
            | Thanks!
            |