1 Reply Latest reply on May 15, 2013 11:03 PM by jlmdesyn72

Regain keyboard focus from extension panel!

jlmdesyn72

Illustrator. Mac OS. If ANYBODY know any sort of HACK or workaround for this, please share. A workaround NEEDS to be made public so other poor souls like myself don't have to bang their heads quite as hard. Once I have this figured out I will write a lengthy post describing the trials and tribulations of a fresh extension developer to entertain you all. Lets talk about the wonderful speed of Actionscript, or the simple act of installing FB 4.7 and trying to get EB2 to work. Good times from the first minute on... but first, the last hurdle (well, before moving on to C++ plugin developement).

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Regain keyboard focus from extension panel!
          jlmdesyn72 Level 1

Bleh,

Found loseFocus() in CSExtension class. Frees up a couple keys, but not key combinations like undo.

Settled on programming the common key commands into the pallet. Of course listeners work for every key combination except ones which use the COMMAND key.

Thought about closing the panel when user hits command key and then setting a listener to reopen it when key is released. But as soon it is reopened, focus is lost again.

Now what? Make an invisible extension that controls the panel? Don't know if that would fix and sounds like alot of work.

What a damn PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! THIS BETTER BE FIXED IN CC VERSION OF ILLUSTRATOR!!!