6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 9:10 AM by Krakerstaker

fill erase bug?

eagle8O
      in fireworks MX2004 i was getting very used to using the fill tool with erase setting to erase backgrounds of images
      but now with fireworks CS3 this function doesn't erase,but instead it fills with the selected color(fills 100% if it's a transparent image,25% if there's already a color applied)

i'm currently using CS3 with latest update,on windows XP(ran the update hoping it was fixed,but it wasn't)
        • 1. Re: fill erase bug?
          Krakerstaker
          Im having the same problem too. I would like to clarify the situation a little more though. This is not happening with just the fill tool, it happens with any bitmap tool. Like tha brush tool for instance, it does that same thing. Also it is not just the erase blend mode, it is a majority of the blend modes that do not work like they should. If you notice when you try to draw with the brush tool with the earse blend mode on, it wont erase. If you undo the stroke then the blend mode is on Interpolation. I tried all the blend modes and about 90% of them switch to another blend mode when you draw. WTF ADOBE!!!! How did you QA staff miss this HUGE f-up. I would love to see an update to fix this, as far as i know there are no third party fixes. This is a fireworks specific bug, it has nothing to do with you system since I found this issue on my Vista 32bit, XP Pro Sp2 32bit, XP MediaCenter, and Mac OSX machines.
          • 2. Re: fill erase bug?
            Level 7
            Krakerstaker wrote:
            > Im having the same problem too. I would like to clarify the situation a little
            > more though. This is not happening with just the fill tool, it happens with
            > any bitmap tool. Like tha brush tool for instance, it does that same thing.

We have no idea what you are talking about because we can't
            see the post you are referring to in the NNTP version of the forum. Can
            you restate the original problem?

--
            Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
            CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
            http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            • 3. fill erase bug?
              Krakerstaker Level 1
              The problem that i'm referring to is when you draw using any bitmap tool with a certain blend mode (like erase), the desired effect will not happen. Instead what happens is the blend mode changes to another blend mode other than the one you chose. This can be seen by undoing a stroke that was created with a blend mode. The poperties inspector should show a different blend mode. For example if you used the brush tool to create a stroke that had the erase blend mode set, you would notice that the line doesn't erase like it should. If you undo the stroke you should see that the blend mode has changed from "erase" to "Interpolation". I do not know why this is happening, but it has been frustrating me for quite some time as it is a feature i used frequently in fireworks MX.
              • 4. Re: fill erase bug?
                thegendreamer Level 1
                hey guys thanks for all this usefull information
                • 5. Re: fill erase bug?
                  thanks for all this usefull information you cant see it then how to solve the problem compeletly ?
                  • 6. Re: fill erase bug?
                    Krakerstaker Level 1
                    Bump