7 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 7:27 PM by ronlhodges

What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !

ronlhodges Level 1

When i click on help screen opens where you have links to click on but when i click the links nothing happens ! So in the search column i can type in a topic and it will open a section with links but when you click the links nothing happens again . This is really frustrating since adobe doesn't support Premier Element 10 now . I think i barely had the program a yr and haven't used it in a few months then i do and nothing works right .

• 1. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Since Adobe went to full on-line Help, I have had some issues with my normal browser, Chrome. I set my Internet Explorer 8 as my Default Browser, so that it opens from Help, and that works. I still use Chrome for most Web browsing, and just launch that from the Desktop icon. Not sure what Chrome has issues with the Adobe Help but it might be due to its Media Cache, or with Adobe Cookies*.

Good luck,

Hunt

* I also had issues with Adobe Store, due to Adobe cookies in my Chrome browser, but with a relatively 'clean" IE 7, 8 or 9, I could completely access Adobe Store.

• 2. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't have a link handy (I think it was in the forum discussion area?) but I recently read a message from someone trying to enter a comment on the https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform page with Chrome, and it would not work (I went to the 'wish' page with IE yesterday, and it worked fine)

• 3. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
              ronlhodges Level 1

I may not be understanding how you do that with an external browser such as chrome but i'm talking about when you have a project open in Premier Elements 10 and you need to find help on something right quick you click the "HELP" button in the tool bar and help section opens for you to search something you wanted to know how to do or fix . I'm not talking about an Internet Browser unless that is the only way to open the help section from inside Premier Elements . The Help section opens but the links inside do not work to take me to the answers i'm needing to find out .

• 4. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
                A.T. Romano Level 7

ronthodges

I have not bothered with the Premiere Elements Help Menu/Help in a long while so I am not up to date on the present state of affairs. But, here is my present take on the situation.

When and if I need immediate answers for a Premiere Elements 10 Windows matter while I am working in one of its project, I find Help Menu/Help to be very challenging resource. Typically I end up with Premiere Pro and some Premiere Elements hits for my search inquiry. And the Premiere Elements ones are for version 11, not 10. It used to be that Help Menu/Help would bring up the Premiere Elements Help PDF for the Premiere Elements version in use. I am not getting that.

I have made the observation...if I use one of the browsers Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and put my specific Premiere Elements 10 question into the search field in the one of those browsers, the search will bring up a specific page in the Help PDF or what looks like it, but more often than not a help page for Premiere Elements 11. To date, one can still go online (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer) and find a copy of the Premiere Elements 10 Help PDF, download it to the computer (takes forever to download), and then copy the Help PDF (File Menu/Save As Page) to a hard drive save location or print it (lots and lots of pages - 309 to print.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/premiereelements_10_help.pdf

Worse part is waiting for this Premiere Elements 10 Help PDF to download. The copy saved to the hard drive opens rapidly.

I have tried to target your immediate question and, if requested, I can go into supplemental support for Premiere Elements 10. Please do not hesitate to post your questions in this forum.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
                  ronlhodges Level 1

Thanks for the link ATR , that will help tremendously ! I can alway open the PDF first and then Premier and switch back and forth when need be . I wonder if there is a way to go in to the files of Premier and somehow embed this PDF so that when you click the Help button inside Premier that it will open the PDF automatically ?? BTW i just downloaded the file to my work place computer , took about 3-secs . I'll do the same at home tonight . Thanks for helping on this question !

• 6. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ronthodges

Thanks for the follow up.

At this point, I know of no way to get that back into Premiere Elements 10. I envy you the download speed.

ATR

• 7. Re: What happened to my Help Section ? It doesn't work anymore !
                      ronlhodges Level 1

At home on my computer now and had to try 3 times to download the help file . Finally got it tho and have it on my desktop . Thanks for posting the link cause now at least i have a help file that will work !

Ron