5 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 1:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Burning a DVD from Premier Elements 8

16paul

I have recently been making my first video using Adobe Premier Elements 8 and am now ready to burn it to a DVD. A message appears directing me to go to www.adobe.com/go/premiereel encoder and type in a 50 character authorization code to receive an unlock code. This computer is never connected to the internet. I've contacted Adobe and they've suggested this forum for a solution. So here I am again (I tried yesterday). Can anyone out there help a low-tech guy in a high-tech world?

• 1. Re: Burning a DVD from Premier Elements 8
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, 16paul. You posted in the photoshop elements forum. Very few people here use Premiere Elements, which has its own forum. I'll move this to the PRE forum for you.

• 2. Re: Burning a DVD from Premier Elements 8
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is a user to user forum, not Adobe support... and I do not think any user will be able to help with an activation issue

This Chat http://www.adobe.com/support/download-install/supportinfo/ link MAY help

• 3. Re: Burning a DVD from Premier Elements 8
              A.T. Romano Level 7

16paul

Need to distinquish here between Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 program activation versus Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 activation of a program feature.......

I just responded to your DVD issue in your duplicate thread yesterday

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1209001?tstart=0

Have you checked out what I wrote which included a reference to the same type of problem/solution for this type of thing from another user? However, keep in mind what I usually write "Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes". The thread referenced is worth checking out.

I doubt if you are likely to get support from Adobe for a Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 DVD activation issue since it supports only purchased/registered/current version.

Only if it interprets your issue as a Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 program Activation Issue will it help and help you in great fashion at the following link

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1209001?tstart=0

That Chat Group helped me not so long ago on with a Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 program activation matter and resolved the problem in minutes and in a very professional manner.

Please review the above and let us know your progress.

I believe that duplicate threads should be avoided since they typically cause confusion for you as well as the people trying to help you resolve your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Burning a DVD from Premier Elements 8
                16paul Level 1

I've checked the forums and even have gone to Adobe live. They sent me back to the forums and so I'm no further ahead than before. At this point I'm getting frustrated and may have to start looking for another video program. It's too bad because I've purchased the adobe program new and finally after buying a new camera have the chance to use it. Bah-humbug

• 5. Re: Burning a DVD from Premier Elements 8
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

16paul

Let us not give up yet. I am not an Adobe employee, just a Premiere Elements user like yourself with at lot of troubleshooting curiosity.

1. Did you read the thread of tcmusic

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76803

that I mentioned in your duplicate thread.

2. This is what I would like you to do if nothing else is working to solve the problem:

a. If the Deactivate option is active under Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Help Menu in the workspace, then go Help Menu/Deactivate. Close Premiere Elements.

b. Uninstall the Premiere Elements via the typical Control Panel route.

c. Get your computer connected to the Internet for now.

d. Reinstall Premiere Elements 8 and then the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

You can download and install this update with Premiere Elements 8.0 closed.

e. Open Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, new project, and try for the burn to DVD and let us know the outcome.

(After you install the 8.0.1 Update, there is no 8.0.1 noted in the screens. Just watch for the message at the end of the install that the 8.0.1 Update has been successfully installed. Besides that message, a good sign that the 8.0.1 Update has been installed is finding a disabled automatic Background Rendering option under Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

We will be watching for your results. By the way, how did you get the program installed previously without having an Internet connection?

Thanks.

ATR