6 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 2:01 PM by Ann Bens

Importing text in Premiere Pro

tommy9anderson

Hi, I'm editing a video in premiere pro. I have designed various typography layouts in Indesign which are going to be layered over the top of the video. I'm currently exporting the text from indesign as an interactive PDF before opening it in illustrator and then in premiere pro. However the text appears to lose a lot of resolution when I import the illustrator file into premiere pro. When viewed full screen at 720p it looks very fuzzy. How should I be going about getting text from Indesign into premiere pro without losing quality? Btw im using moutain lion. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

• 1. Re: Importing text in Premiere Pro
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

tommy9anderson wrote:

Hi, I'm editing a video in premiere pro. I have designed various typography layouts in Indesign which are going to be layered over the top of the video. I'm currently exporting the text from indesign as an interactive PDF before opening it in illustrator and then in premiere pro. However the text appears to lose a lot of resolution when I import the illustrator file into premiere pro. When viewed full screen at 720p it looks very fuzzy. How should I be going about getting text from Indesign into premiere pro without losing quality? Btw im using moutain lion. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Hello Tom,

Can you try importing the Illustrator file into Photoshop or After Effects? Premiere Pro does not support Ilustrator files and exporting a PSD, TIFF, or PSD?

• 2. Re: Importing text in Premiere Pro
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can import ai-files but they get rasterized on import.

To what format other then pdf can you save Indesign projects. I am unfamiliar with Indesign.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Importing text in Premiere Pro
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a list of the Export options in InDesign CS 2 on this laptop:

InDesign_Export.png

Other versions might have other options.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Importing text in Premiere Pro
                tommy9anderson Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried importing the illustrator file into photoshop, the problem i have then is that it resets the proprtions of the page and i know longer have a 1280 x 720 document with a 16:9 ratio. However am I a very inexperienced photoshop user so I will youtuibe some tutorials of importing illustrator files.

Thanks again, Tom

• 5. Re: Importing text in Premiere Pro
                  tommy9anderson Level 1

Hi Ann,

Ah I think this is what was confusing me- i could see that it would let me import illustrator files so I assumed it was easily compatible. I assume the rasterisation is whats causing the loss of quality. The other formats available for indesign export are EPS, EPUB, FLA, SWA, HTML, JPG, PNG, XML.

Thanks, Tom

• 6. Re: Importing text in Premiere Pro
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try EPS or PNG, you can import that straight into Premiere.