9 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 11:55 PM by MarkASam888

Could not open Premier Pro CS6

MarkASam888

I downloaded the Creative Cloud version of CS6 onto my laptop a couple weeks ago  and am pretty sure I opened it at that time but now I am getting an error box:

"Adobe Premier Pro could not find any capable video play modules.  Please update your video display drivers and start again."

I have no trouble opening the CS5 version.   Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

CS6 is not CS5.

So you might want to do what the error message says.

• 2. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with Ann. That error message is giving you the instructions to probably fix the issue.

Go to the video card's mfgr's. Web site (do not trust your OS to tell you if you have the latest driver), and download and install the latest update.

What OS do you have?

What is the make and model of your video card?

What is the installed version of your video driver?

Is that the very latest from nVidia, or AMD/ATI?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
              MarkASam888 Level 1

Ann,

If I know how I would.  I never ran into this issue before, and don't understand why I need to be an "expert" to run simple software.

• 4. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
                MarkASam888 Level 1

Bill,

Go to the video card's mfgr's. Web site (do not trust your OS to tell you if you have the latest driver), and download and install the latest update.

>I don't know the Video card manufactuer.  I assumed it is Dell since it is a Dell machine.

What OS do you have?

>Windows 7 Pro

What is the make and model of your video card?

I don't know

What is the installed version of your video driver?

>I don't know.

Is that the very latest from nVidia, or AMD/ATI?

> I don't know.  I find it difficult to believe that the Program worked before and now I need to update the video drivers.

Thanks for the feedback though.  I see if I can find out about the video card.

• 5. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MarkASam888 wrote:

Ann,

If I know how I would.  I never ran into this issue before, and don't understand why I need to be an "expert" to run simple software.

You do not need to be an expert, you do need some understanding how a computer works in order to use this 'simple' software.

• 6. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, there can be several causes for a video driver becoming obsolete, or corrupt. Many users have found that simple OS updates can render a video driver obsolete, and that is one reason that companies, like nVidia and AMD/ATI, issue them so frequently.

Knowing that you have a Dell, is a good start, as Dell often will take a video driver from one of the major mfgrs., such as nVidia, or AMD/ATI, and rewrap it, to match perfectly with their version of the OS, and the hardware.

In Control Panel, you can go to System>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapters, and there you will see the card/chip in your computer. If you Dbl-click on that Display Adapter, you will get more info, such as the Driver installed.

On the Dell Web site, you should be able to go to their driver support page, plug in your OS, and the Display Adapter info, and find the latest Dell version of the necessary driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
                      MarkASam888 Level 1

Ann, I am not interested in having any understanding of how a computers any more than I want to have an understanding of how an auto works to use one.  Some people like this stuff.  I hate it. But I understand what I need to do and will do it.

• 8. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
                        MarkASam888 Level 1

I need to get other things done, but will check this out later.  Thanks for all the input.

• 9. Re: Could not open Premier Pro CS6
                          MarkASam888 Level 1

FYI, updating the video display drivers didn't correct the problem.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, with no results.