5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 8:08 AM by Shane P

Audio not conforming

Shane P Level 3

Hello,

I am having a problem with getting some files to conform in CS6. I am running CS6 on Vista. I opened several PPCS5.5 project files and they successfully converted to CS6 without any issues. However when asked to relink the media, when I do so the audio doesn't conform. The files I am trying to conform are AVI files that were shot standard dv ntsc. some have conformed and are playing fine, others will not conform. For the ones that do not conform this is what's happening.

After I relink the file in the bottom right of PR where you se the yellow status bar, it will say conforming but the status bar will not start. Also the video will be black in the program monitor. After approx 2-5 minutes the status bar will suddenly jump about half way through for a few seconds then disappear as if done. The video then becomes viewable and plays normally however there is no audio. No audio, no peaks, etc. There is a track but it's like PR can't conform the audio or something. Really Confused.

Codec issue?

prScreenCap1.jpg

Will sit here doing nothing...

prScreenCap2.jpg

Then will jump.

prScreenCap3.jpg

Then no audio, peaks or anything.

• 1. Re: Audio not conforming
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I would look into cleaning the Media Cache, and if that does not work, then I would go to the Media Cache folder, and Delete the CFA & PEK files for those AV files. PrPro should then Conform, when you Open the Project.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio not conforming
            Shane P Level 3

Per your suggestion I just deleted both the "Media Cache" folder and the "Media Cache Files" (something I typically do every few weeks anyways) and unfortunately it did not work. It's doing the same thing, Conforming status bar doesn't start, then after a few minutes pops to the middle then closes. No audio.

• 3. Re: Audio not conforming
              Shane P Level 3

I also just experimented and I can open the file in Windows Media player and the audio plays fine. However when I try to play the file in bridge the audio does not play. I brought it into Media Encoder and transcoded a small portion of it to see what would happen and it encoded it with no audio. For some reson the Adobe apps seem not to be able to play/detect the audio....very bizarre.

• 4. Re: Audio not conforming
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Hm-m, what are the full Audio specs. of the "problem files?"

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Audio not conforming
                  Shane P Level 3

Hunt,

I did a little more experimenting yesterday and I am scratching my head.

I have 3 PC's, 1 is a Desktop (custom build...the one I was having the restart issues you guys helped me with last year) with Vista/CS6.

Another is an older laptop (HP) with Vista/CS4 and the last one is a one year old laptop (HP) with Win7/CS6.

The PC I was using when I started the thread was the Desktop Vista/CS6 as that is my main workstation. I copied the clip in question to my laptop Vista/CS4 and it imported, conformed, generated the audio waveform and played back the audio with no issues. (I forgot to mention that when I had CS5.5 installed on the Desktop Vista PC before reinstalling the OS and installing CS6 that it also played fine there as well).

I then copied the clip to my Win7/CS6 PC and I received an error in the Events panel. "File Importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of Sylvia 01.avi. Reading and writing the files Metadata (XMP) has been disabled."

On the Vista/CS4 PC the clip info reads as such in the project panel.

Sylvia 01.avi

Movie, 720 x 480 (0.9091)

the duration, 29.97 fps

48000 Hz  - 16 bit - Stereo

I then copied the same clip to the Win7/CS6 PC:

Sylvia 01.avi

Movie, 720 x 480 (0.9091)

the duration, 29.97 fps

32000 Hz  - 16 bit - Stereo

Note the two different reading in the sample rate.

It seems as if the CS6 versions can't read the clip correctly? I don't know if there truly is an issue with the file or if it's a codec issue or something. It's weird because the Vista/CS4 PC will play it fine as well as the Windows Media player on all 3 PC's will play it fine.

Thank you for any assistance.

Shane