Try the following: quit both PrPro and AE, locate your Media Cache Database folder (check Edit -> Preferences -> Media... for the location) and manually delete all files in both Media Cache and Media Cache Files subfolders, then relaunch PrPro and let it rebuild Media Cache Database from scratch.
I took those steps and nothing has changed. Its even getting worse now. I opened up my 1 AE project so that I can actually open my Premiere project and have linking occur. I then sent a couple of clips to AE for some warp stabilizing, but warp stabilizer will not initialize, its throwing this error.
"timed out obtaining dynamiclink server connection"
So there is something crazy going on with my dynamic link. Very frustrating!
A couple of things to consider alongside with Dynamic Link:
- what is your disk setup? Any chance you're using external drives?
- what kind of footages are you editing? PrPro CS6 has some bugs related to AVCHD and Canon MXF files, with which you're seems already familiar, and the solution for which might be either transcoding or stepping back to CS5.5.
Ok I believe I found the solution.
I first went through and deleted any third party after effects scripts/Script UI panels/third party plugins to see if that was causing any problems. I then tried again, and found it sitll had the same issue, so it wasnt due to that.
I then found someone in a forum who mentioned deleting the Adobe folder that holds layout preferences and other stuff found in user/documents. I deleted this, and at the same time I forced quit 2 "aselflink" processes which seemed to be running in the background. I also deleted my AE preferences by holding Option + Shift on After effects start up and Premiere startup.
A combination of all this, now has dynamic link working smoothly again. I will at a time not so crucial to getting my current project finished, reinstall scripts etc and ensure it was not being caused by them.
I just encountered this problem. Working with CS5.5, using premiere, AE, photoshop and Encore. an immediate fix for me was to force quit all programs then I open AE FIRST, followed by Premiere. This fixed the media pending and I was back with the flow.