3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2013 12:39 PM by Jim_Simon

Crashed while recording

ksemple Level 1

Is there any way that I regain some footage that I was recording/capturing while Premiere Pro crashed, the software crashed but I did not get a chance to save it, but it was recording to the computer hard drive? Any help on this matter urgently will be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Crashed while recording
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Recapture. BTW, capturing is only used for ingesting from tape based cameras and is a simple transfer of digital data. If you meant recording, please explain your workflow, since PR is an editor, not a recording device.

• 2. Re: Crashed while recording
            ksemple Level 1

Harm,

I had two cameras RCA/Video Outputs coming into a analog Video Switcher then into a AVDC110 which was then connected to the Mac  computer via fire wire, so all I did then was go into PPro and selected capture, the AVDC110 was the device recognized.

But what happened while capturing/recording the computer froze because I tried to change a setting, so I had forced quit the software. I was recording to the computer's hard drive, so what I wanted to know if there is any way I could retrieve the data that was writing to the hard drive while recording, because only part of what was recorded is there in the mov file.

I was recording live via the two cameras into the software.

hope this explains better.

• 3. Re: Crashed while recording
              Jim_Simon Level 8

It's likely that data is gone and you will have to recapture.  Once the capture is started, don't do anything on that computer but stop the capture.