3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 5:24 AM by AgezIce

Help - Cutting Issue

AgezIce

Hey there!

I recently downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 trial and have found myself facing an issue that is quite important to me. I am currently using a Mac book.

I wanted to make a music video. Being a DJ myself i know how important it is to be on time with the beat. When trying to cut the video file using the razor tool at a certain point it wouldnt allow me to. It would allow me to cut a bit to the left or right but not on the exact point i wanted. This is cruicial to me as i want the video on time with the beat.

Whats up with this? Any information i could provide or a more in depth explanation please let me know as i really wish to use this program to its full capcaity if i purchase it.

Cheers!!!

-Adrian

• 1. Re: Help - Cutting Issue
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You cannot cut a video smaller then 1 frame.

However you can cut/move audio up to 1/48000 of a second.

If you go to the panel menu (right top corner) of the timeline set it to Show Audio Time Units.

show audio time units.png

• 2. Re: Help - Cutting Issue
            Andrew_S Level 3

This could be one of two things;

Either you are not zoomed in far enough in the sequence to see the fine detail (select the sequence window and use the + - keys next to the 0 key to zoom in / out)

or you have done this and are trying to cut between frames, which you cant to. You can only cut at the end of a frame, so each second is divided up into 24 / 25/ 30 / 50 / 60 "time units" the number depends on the frame rate of the video.

• 3. Re: Help - Cutting Issue
              AgezIce Level 1

Screen Shot 2013-05-13 at 8.16.44 PM.png I=

If you look close you can see where i want to cut. But it wont allow. This is normal? Cheers for the feedback