• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is design view missing from RoboHelp's new Find and Replace editor?

Participant ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using RoboHelp 10 and was excited about the new Find and Replace feature. However, it seems to force the user to edit in the HTML editor (which is very difficult when the topic has tables). Am I missing some preference setting?

The only workaround seems to be to to find a topic and then track it down in the Project Manager list and open it in the normal fashion.

Thanks.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Find and Replace in Files (as opposed to a single topic) has always been at HTML level.

If you do use this updated feature, do not use the Contains field unless you want to kiss your project goodbye. See Using Rh10 on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find and Replace in Files (as opposed to a single topic) has always been at HTML level.

If you do use this updated feature, do not use the Contains field unless you want to kiss your project goodbye. See Using Rh10 on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

I know that this sounds weird, but I think the HTML level view is more "in your face" with the new presentation of Find and Replace. I hardly ever used Find and Replace before because of the awful non-expandable dialog box and the HTML. I must have assumed that the new user interface would be more user friendly, too. As far as the problem with "Contains," this is useful information, even though I almost always check each Find before Replacing.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol

No, you aren't missing a setting. That's the way Find and Replace works.

If you dislike this behavior, you should file a Wish Form using the link below to ask Adobe to change it.

If enough folks report the same issue, eventually it will get changed.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick. I think I shall do just that. -_ Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp