7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2013 8:08 PM by Josh_Corey

Saved PDF graphs on one page?

iCatch69 Level 1

When I save my survey results graph as a PDF, it is very large and separted by multiple pages. Is there a way to reduce this size to just 1 page without having to bring it into Photoshop to reduce the size to fit on a 1 page PDF?

Thanks,

Greg

• 1. Re: Saved PDF graphs on one page?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

I'd be happy to help, are you going to the "Summary Reports" column and saving a PDF of that Summary Report?  Can you share your form with me by following theses instructions so I can take a look too?  https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/library/collaboration.html

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Saved PDF graphs on one page?
            iCatch69 Level 1

James,

See the message below from Josh at Adobe. He wants you to share (collaborate) your graph form with him so that he can access the pdf export problem.

Josh,

As a reminder, when we export the form results graph as a pdf, the graph is very large and results in 2 pages when it should only be one page. How can we keep this to one page?

Thanks guys,

Greg Hitchcox

972-822-6471

• 3. Re: Saved PDF graphs on one page?
              JamesBirdGuess2

Josh, we need your email address to share the form.

• 5. Re: Saved PDF graphs on one page?

I took a look at the form you shared and the Summary Report.  I created a copy of your form to experiment with and did not change anything in your form.

In order to have the entire Summary Report tile appear on a single page in PDF you can do a few things:

1) You can remove the caption from displaying in the first field, from the little settings gear on the top right corner of the report tile un-select "Caption", since you don't have one on this field and it takes up a small amount of vertical space.

2) You can change the font size used in the Summary Report tiles, there is a "T" in the toolbar that exposes the text tools, I tried a 9pt font

3) Go to "File" - "Page Setup" when you are on the Summary Report tab and you can define the size and orientation of the PDF page, I changed it to have a Paper width of 11" and a Paper height of 13" and everything fits on one page.

I hope that these tweaks satisfy your needs...

Thanks,

Josh

• 6. Re: Saved PDF graphs on one page?
                  JamesBirdGuess2 Level 1

ok im actually with two pages, but the content gets cut off at the last of the first page and the beginning of the second page. This is what I would prefer, how do we keep the content from getting cut off when we save it as a pdf?

• 7. Re: Saved PDF graphs on one page?

I wanted to update the post here, we exchanged some emails and I shared the PDF's I created - we got the PDFs looking the way James wanted by:

1. The text size – when you are on the Summary Reports tab there is a toolbar along the top and the two left side buttons are "Report" and "Text", click on Text and then set the size to "10" (or whatever works best in your situation)
                    2. Page Setup – While on the Summary Reports tab go to "File" - "Page Setup", in the Page Setup dialog you can define the page size for PDF which for your form I used a Page Width of 11" and Page Height of 13", I also reduced all margins, header/footer to "0"

Thanks,

Josh