5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2013 8:35 AM by stevedross

Premiere Elements 11 Crashing

stevedross

We have several different projects that crash on different computers when either burning to DVD or Publish-Sharing to the computer. Also, how do permanently disable the movie menu when burning to a disc. We don't use menus. Below are the specs for all of our computers.  

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
      CPU
       Intel Core i7 980 @ 3.33GHz 47 °C
       Gulftown 32nm Technology
      RAM
       16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
      Motherboard
       ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6X58-E PRO (LGA1366) 41 °C
      Graphics

S27B350 (1920x1080@60Hz )
       1024MB Quadro 2000 (nVidia) 53 °C
      Hard Drives
       699GB Hitachi HDS721075DLE630 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C
      Optical Drives
       PIONEER BD-RW BDR-206D ATA Device

Thanks for your help!

Steve

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Crashing
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Thank you for all of that information. We see posts like that all too seldom.

Now, regarding the crashing of the program, is it always during a Burn to Disc operation, or do other operations trigger the crashes too?

When the program crashes, do you get any error messages, and if so, what is the exact text in those?

This FAQ Entry is a checklist of things to get PrE running best, then a set of links to tuning up the computer and OS, and finally a list of links to aid in troubleshooting. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

Especially if you have no error messages, be sure to see the "Finding Clues" link, as Windows Event Viewer might prove helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Crashing
            stevedross Level 1

Thanks Bill for the quick response. We did try exporting (sharing) it out to the desktop this time as an AVI and it worked. Before I was trying Flash. But this

doesn't explain the DVD burning process crashing. No error messages it just shuts down and says it had to shutdown. I'll check the Event Viewer to see if that leads

to anything.

Also, any idea how to permanently disable the "menu" feature when burning the DVD? We don't use menus due to our process.

We're a community television station and are recent Avid MC6 converts to Elements 11. Our members love it. I've recently been trying my hand at CS6.

Some things I don't like, but many I do like about it. I just need to get use to it.

Thanks again for th quick reply.

Steve

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Crashing
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>1024MB Quadro 2000

What is your driver version?

How to determine your nVidia driver version

Right click in any open area of the Windows desktop

Select NVIDIA Control Panel from the popup window

Select SYSTEM INFORMATION at the lower left corner

Driver version should be the 1st line in Details

I have a GTX285 using driver 296.10 and Win7

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Crashing
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Sorry, but I missed that part of your questions.

Once a Menu Set has been chosen, and is showing in the Menu Panel, at the top-right, there is a Reset button. If you click on that, the Menu Set will be removed, and you will then have an Autoplay DVD. You can still add Chapter Markers, that are accessed via the player's control buttons, but the user will not have any Menu to access.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 Crashing
                  stevedross Level 1
                  Here is the error message from Event Viewer.
                  Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" on line 3. The value "MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.BUILD_NUMBER_MAJOR.BUILD_NUMBER_MINOR" of attribute "version" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Also, my Quadro driver version is from NVidia and is version 320.00