10 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2013 11:45 PM by station_two

View Print Size

RodneyH2

Where is view at print size in the latest version of photoshop?

• 1. Re: View Print Size
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

If your in the cloud Adobe removed that feature.

• 2. Re: View Print Size
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

Actually, I belive somebody mentioned Photoshop CC has it back in.

• 3. Re: View Print Size
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not as of 13.1.2 CC Mac or PC versions.

However Adobe has provided a Mac/PC script. It will load the proper zoom percentage value into the clipboard. Just paste it into the Zoom field in the Status bar.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/no-print-size-button-zoom.html

• 4. Re: View Print Size
                Level 5

Adobe's version nomenclature is a mess, more now than ever.  But the truth is that "Photoshop CC" will be released after June 17th.  Whatever is out there right now is NOT "Photoshop CC".

• 5. Re: View Print Size
                  Jeff Schewe Level 5

gener7 wrote:

Not as of 13.1.2 CC Mac or PC versions.

I was referring to Photoshop CC v14.x (that will be shipping after June 17th).

• 6. Re: View Print Size
                    gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I just signed up for CC. I had thought Jeff Schewe was referring to the present offering. So it seems he was talking about the June 17th release.

Oh well the script will have to do until then.

Edit: got your correction after  I posted, Jeff.

• 7. Re: View Print Size
                      Jeff Schewe Level 5

station_two wrote:

Adobe's version nomenclature is a mess, more now than ever.

Actually, if you stick to referring to Photoshop in real version numbers it's not so bad...Photoshop CS6 was either 13.0.4 for perpetual or 13.1.0 for subscription. Photoshop CC will start at v14.0.0.

• 8. Re: View Print Size
                        Level 5

Jeff Schewe wrote:

Actually, if you stick to referring to Photoshop in real version numbers it's not so bad...Photoshop CS6 was either 13.0.4 for perpetual or 13.1.0 for subscription…

Of course you're right, Jeff, and I try to stick to actual Photoshop version numbers.  The S in "CS" in the artificial "suites" has always stuck in my craw, ever since Photoshop 8.x.

The "suite" concept is a complete fabrication of Adobe marketing and bean-counting types.  The various engineering teams are totally independent of each other—as you know far better than I do—, they are not only in different buildings but in different cities and states of the American Union, even in different countries.

The fact that they have little if any communication among them is highlighted by requests occasionally made in these forums by top Adobe engineers to let the other teams know when there are problems in one application that impact our workflow in another one.

Jeff Schewe wrote:

…Photoshop CC will start at v14.0.0.

…and it will run ACR 8.x, will presumably come with Bridge 6.0.x, and will inevitably end up being wrongly referred to by some as "CS7".  That's a mess in my book. 

• 9. Re: View Print Size
                          Jeff Schewe Level 5

station_two wrote:

…and it will run ACR 8.x, will presumably come with Bridge 6.0.x, and will inevitably end up being wrongly referred to by some as "CS7".  That's a mess in my book. 

Phototshop CC will have Bridge CC as a seperate installer and will run ACR 8.x with the new features.

But ACR 8.x will also run in all versions of Photoshop CS6 with new camera support but without the CC ACR features (but will be able to render LR5 features). A bit of a change, for the better–but similar to ACR 6.7 that was released as an ACR version compatible with LR4.

• 10. Re: View Print Size
                            Level 5

Thanks for adding that to the mix.