• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to achieve resize image effect

Explorer ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this effect with image resizing in RH, as the images do at the link below? I cannot find the method in the RH Help.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS1b49059a33f7772644666e3b1373013a398-8000.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Hi there

Sorry, but RoboHelp does not offer a method to achieve this. Unfortunately that's a huge hint that Adobe isn't using RoboHelp to develop those pages.

If that's the effect you are after, you will need to roll your own with some JavaScript that does a hide and show on text and images.

One way you might achieve it with a single image would be to insert the image *TWICE* on the page. Then scale one pretty small. Take the full sized image and tuck it inside a Dynamic HTML drop-down. The net eff

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but RoboHelp does not offer a method to achieve this. Unfortunately that's a huge hint that Adobe isn't using RoboHelp to develop those pages.

If that's the effect you are after, you will need to roll your own with some JavaScript that does a hide and show on text and images.

One way you might achieve it with a single image would be to insert the image *TWICE* on the page. Then scale one pretty small. Take the full sized image and tuck it inside a Dynamic HTML drop-down. The net effect would be that the user would click to see the full sized image (revealing the DHTML drop-down) and the smaller version would be "pushed" farther down the page.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. It would explain why I've been unable to achieve so many of the stylistic effects they use in their Help system. What do you think they use to create that Help then?

Thanks for the ideas. Not sure I want to fiddle too much with code that someone else surely can't maintain later. But the DHTML effect does sound like a pretty simple workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I'm unsure exactly WHAT editing software they use. Might be something internal. A quick glance at the page source mentions "LiveDocs" but that may just be some obscure internal reference.

We have been after them for a long while to eat their own dog food and use RoboHelp to maintain the help!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp