2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2013 6:28 AM by A.T. Romano

Wavy lines in my youtube videos

Kettlejitsu71

I am a complete novice when it comes to video editing. I am not a computer person by all means.  But, i have learned the basics.  The problem i run into is, after i upload my video from Premier Elements 11 to youtube, the videos have wavy lines in them.  I cant seem to correct it.  somebody help please??

• 1. Re: Wavy lines in my youtube videos
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What you're seeing is interlacing, a result of the Publish & Share format you chose.

Which version of the program  are you using?

In version 11, the ideal format to output your video for YouTube is Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with one of the YouTube presets.

BTW, have you checked out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials for Premiere Elements? Part 8 deals with output options.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Wavy lines in my youtube videos
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Kettlejitsu71

As you wrote, you are using Premiere Elements 11. What are the properties of your source media? And, when you have your media on the Timeline Expert View is there over the content:

a. no colored line

b. an orange line

b. a green line

If you have an orange line over the Timeline and you click the Render button, what does the playback of the TImeline look like in the monitor? Do you see the wavy lines that you see in your upload to YouTube from within Premiere Elements 11?

What preset are you selecting for Publish+Share/Online/YouTube. These are not adjustable presets. SG suggests

In version 11, the ideal format to output your video for YouTube is Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with one of the YouTube presets.

I would point out here that, if you follow SG's suggestion, you are exporting the Timeline to a H.264.mp4 file which will be saved to the hard drive location that you designate. Then you must take that file and upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site, not from within Premiere Elements 11. The default for SG's route is 1280 x 720 @ 24 progressive frames per second, but here you can make adjustments in the settings under the Advanced Button.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR