9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 5:56 AM by poo-p

Can not print photos. On volume K

poo-p

I have a red circle in the left hand upper corner of my photos. I position my mouse on the circle and it says OFFLINE. I go to print them and get the following message in a box:   Find offline volumes. Print one or more selected item are located on removable volumes. I notice they are on volume K. I have no K volume. I only have drive C  &  D.                   

• 1. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, your description is rather vague, you are not providing any system information and this sounds like PS Elements, anyway. So maybe ask in that forum? Sounds liek you merely see the preview thumbnails from images on a memory card or stored on teh web gallery.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
            janelle_f Adobe Employee

Hello!

I have moved your discussion the the Photoshop Elements forum, to received specialized help for your question.

janelle

• 3. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
              Little_Pale_Face Most Valuable Participant

Hi,

This could happen if you moved the image to, say a memory card, and then removed the card from the computer. The image you see is just the thumbnail which PSE saves, not the actual image.

Have you ever had a drive K?

Do you have a card reader - when inserting a card, it will sometimes come in as drive K?

How did you get the image into PSE in the first place?

Can you please tell us your operating system and version of PSE.

In organizer, select one of these offline images and then show the properties/file information (how you do that depends on which version of PSE you are using). Part of that information is History - have a look at that to see if the image has been moved.

Brian

• 4. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
                poo-p Level 1

Something has change on your end. I have had PSE since 2006. I always load my picture from my card reader. When I say get photos and locate them on the card reader they load in to my PSE photo album. I have never had this problem before. Something that the card reader is now drive K. You all are not admitting that you have change something but I'm looking into another photo software. Maybe go over to HP.

So sorry I really enjoyed your software

• 5. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
                  poo-p Level 1

my operating system is  Windows 7

• 6. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K

Hi,

First off, I'm not Adobe - this is a user to user forum where users try to help others. Occasionally Adobe staff chip in but this is not an official support route.

The fact that the card reader is now drive K suggests that is has changed it's drive allocation letter and this would be down to your operating system not PSE.

You have not specified which version of PSE you are using.

Did you have a look at the history for one of the offline images?

PSE does not store the photos in its own private area, during a "get from card read.. " the photos are copied to where you specify. If you move the files rather than copy them to a card from within PSE then they will be marked as offline.

Have you ever copied images to removable media?

Brian

• 7. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
                      poo-p Level 1

Sorry about my message yesterday, but I read this e-mail again today and no now you are a user just like me.

Something has change on the Adobe end. I have had my PSE 8 since 2006 and have never had any problems loading my photos.

One I put the scan disk in my card reader I then tell PSE where the photos are  and they I loaded into the photo album. Never had the problem of being offline. I finally got in contact with someone from Adobe and they explain/help me out.

Also when you call the help line they really do have good English .

Thank you so much for your concerns. Keep me in the loop

• 8. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K

Hi,

Does that mean you are OK now or do you still need help?

We, your fellow users, are here to help.

Brian

• 9. Re: Can not print photos. On volume K
                          poo-p Level 1

Hello Brain:

It is nice to know that I can talk to someone that can help me on my problems. Again many  thanks to you and the rest of the folks.

Now for my latest :

This morning I did the following

I went to programs

Uninstall a program

Select Adobe Photoshop.com

"Inspiration Browser" and uninstall

Once uninstall click the download and install the update.

The problem is I never saw the download button after the uninstall of the "inspiration Browser"

I can still use the PSH program. Did not see any difference in the program.

Will Email a question later.

Take care my friend