We recently upgraded to CS6 from 5.5. I opened a project created in 5.5 and CS6 said one of the files was offline. When I tried to link it, it told me the clip had no audio - except it does, and it was created in exactly the same way as all the other clips which it is reading fine, and which are all in the same folder. No matter what I try, even deleting the file and reimporting a different version, CS6 refuses to see the audio track. Anybody know how I can fix this?
Thanks, Jim. Tried all of that but still have the same exact problem. Gojng to have to re-batch capture the clip from tape so I can get on with editing, but if anyone has any other suggestions as to why this might have happened, I'd be really grateful to hear them!
OK, next try this:
1. Open a new, empty PP project.
2. Go to Edit>Preferences>Media...
3. Take note of where the Media Cache files are stored on your hard drive.
4. Below that, Clean the Media Cache Database.
5. Close down PP. Use Explorer or Finder to navigate to the location you noted from step 3 and delete those files.
6. Restart PP and let the Cache rebuild itself.