3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 4:20 PM by Shimi85

QT function disabled

Shimi85

I just got a new PC When i load up AE cs3 I get QT functions have been disable because compatible version of quicktime could not be found, i already uninstalled quicktime and itunes and i still get this message what do i do....its driving me nuts 1.jpg

• 1. Re: QT function disabled
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

CS 3 is kind of old.  Win 7, 8, and perhaps even XP weren't around in its heyday; that could be part of it.  But if you uninstalled quicktime, how do you expect to be able to WORK with quicktime?

Double-check that QT and iTunes are completely uninstalled, then go get QT 7.X for Win.  And don't run antivirus/firewall software while you're doing it.

• 2. Re: QT function disabled
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

CS3 will require QT 6.4 or so, but that may not turn out well on Win 8 at all even with compatibility modes. I for one would be glad that CS3 actually runs...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: QT function disabled
              Shimi85 Level 1

yes i reinstalled after i uninstalled it i should of stated that but anyway after i reinstalled it, still got the same answer.....i updated my version of QT restarted my pc and it works now.....

Dave LaRonde wrote:

CS 3 is kind of old.  Win 7, 8, and perhaps even XP weren't around in its heyday; that could be part of it.  But if you uninstalled quicktime, how do you expect to be able to WORK with quicktime?

Double-check that QT and iTunes are completely uninstalled, then go get QT 7.X for Win.  And don't run antivirus/firewall software while you're doing it.