3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 10:36 AM by FLGolfNerd

ADE 2.0 issue

FLGolfNerd

Cannot get ADE 2.0 to properly install on Windows 8.  Any ideas that might help?

• 1. Re: ADE 2.0 issue
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.  Are you receiving any specific error messages when you try to install Adobe Digital Editions?

• 2. Re: ADE 2.0 issue
            sjpt Level 4

Mine installed without problems (problems came later) so I can't comment directly.

It is a 'real Windows 8 computer, not a WIndows RT tablet?

You could try ADE1.7.2 instead unless you need the extra features of V2.0.

1.7.2 is more reliable in lots of ways; I use it because the v2.0/Overdrive/SonyPRS-350 combination doesn't work).

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

• 3. Re: ADE 2.0 issue
              FLGolfNerd Level 1

Believe it or not, I got the issue resolved.  I am actually not sure

what really corrected the problem but I turned off the pop up blocker

and converted from wireless to a wired connect and the installer

started.  I think it is the pop up blocker that solved the problem. 

After spending hours in a chat with Adobe support with no success or

recommendation, I stated troubleshooting on my own.

To answer you question specifically, there was no error message. The

installer simply would not launch when opened.  Nothing happened.

Ron e

Ron Estes

<Removed by Moderator>