4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 8:44 AM by Kenya5

Populate Checkbox from Textfield values

Kenya5

I have an Acrobat Pro X form with multiple checkboxes which produce a score/total in a hidden textfield.  I need this text field to populate one of five visible checkboxes based on the score in the text field.  Minimum score is 12 max is 60 and the score determines which checkbox is checked.  I am new to JavaScript and cannot find any examples that help me even after an extensive search online.

• 1. Re: Populate Checkbox from Textfield values
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Checkboxes do not have a calculation options, so you have to do this from

somewhere else, like the text field's calculation script.

In it you can check or un-check the box based on the result.

• 2. Re: Populate Checkbox from Textfield values
            Kenya5 Level 1

Gilad,

In the Actions tab of the Check Box Properties of the destination checkbox

(see below) where I want it to display as checked or unchecked based on the

score in the dependent text field, it appears that you can add Java script

based on a selected trigger such as Mouse Up.  I just don't  know how to

write the Java Script that will accomplish this.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic01836.gif)

Chris Haggie

(805) 781-1669

This email, along with any attached documents, may contain confidential,

protected, or privileged material intended only for the person or entity to

whom addressed.  Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use,

or any action taken reliant on this information by persons or entities

other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.  If you have received

this email in error, please contact me and delete the material from any

computer.

• 3. Re: Populate Checkbox from Textfield values
              try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What I meant to say was that you need to do this from the text field's Calculate-action, not from within any of the actions associated with the check-box itself...

• 4. Re: Populate Checkbox from Textfield values
                Kenya5 Level 1

Many thanks.  I'll try that.

Chris Haggie

(805) 781-1669

This email, along with any attached documents, may contain confidential,

protected, or privileged material intended only for the person or entity to

whom addressed.  Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use,

or any action taken reliant on this information by persons or entities

other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.  If you have received

this email in error, please contact me and delete the material from any

computer.