5 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 8:17 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements     9

ernest 37

when using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 I try to creat a photo book it says I half tohave Adobe Photo Shop, WHY

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements     9
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

[moved to premiere elements forum]

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements     9
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum - the correct one - thanks Jeff.

Are you building your "photo book" (a term with which I am not familiar) in Premiere Elements, or the Elements Organizer?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements     9
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ernest37

Do you have Photoshop Elements 9 to go along with your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1?

This is my take on your situation. You need Photoshop Elements 9 because the Photo Album feature in a Photoshop Elements (photo editor feature) not a Premiere Elements (video editor) feature. I will bypass all the details of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements intergrated combos but I will mention the following.

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are both standalong applications. Both come with an Elements Organizer. When the two are on the same computer, they share a common database/Catalog. Under the Create Tab on either side, the slideshow can be intergated with Premiere Elements, other offerings there require Photoshop Elements, like your Photo Album choice. Consider the case of Camera Raw where installation of Camera Raw allows for import of raw and .dng files into Premiere Elements, but not for the edit of them there...you need Photoshop Elements for opening the Camera Raw Dialog in Photoshop Elements for editing of the raw image.

Please review what I have written, let us know what version of Photoshop Elements you have, and then we can decide if your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 will integrate with a version of Photoshop Elements other than Photoshop Elements 9 for you to pursue your interests in the Elements Organizer/Create/Photo Book feature.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements     9
                ernest 37 Level 1

my verison of Adobe Photoshop Elements is quite old,I think 2/01

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements     9
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ernest 37

I have Photoshop Elements 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 and Premiere Elements 2, 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1, 9.0/9.0.1, 10, and 11 on Windows.

See if you can find out what version of Photoshop Elements that you have so that I can make a guess-estimate on whether there is any intergration between your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and it for this Elements Organizer Photo Book project. I suspect not, but worthwhile seeking confirmation. I will check it out once I have the information on what Photoshop Elements version you have.

Thanks.

ATR