0 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 7:22 AM by allenginsberg2000

Photoshop CS6 create permissions OS X

allenginsberg2000

Hi there,

this issue is discussed for OS X Server but i didn't find something for my situation, where files are stored locally and different users ON THE SAME MACHINE want to work on these files: a Mac Pro running Mountain Lion is set up for 2 users (both members of group 'staff') who are both creating new files in Photoshop CS6. So far i found out that Photoshop writes new files with limited ownership and permissions: owner is the user creating the file, group is set to the ID of this specific user. Permissions are set to -rw-rw----. ACL inheritance of the folder where the file is created in is ignored.

This is what Terminal ls -le shows for the folder 'TEST' itself i am saving into as user 'foto':

drwxrwx---+ 4 foto staff 136 16 Mai 15:39 TEST

0: group:staff inherited allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeex tattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit

These are the permissions set for a file 'Testfile-1.jpg' created in folder 'TEST' using Photoshop:

-rw-rw----  1 foto  502  36608 16 Mai 13:03 Testfile-1.jpg

QUESTION: Is there an AUTOMATED way to at least have group ownership 'staff' for these files? At the moment i am forced to do this manually (Terminal chown, chmod) every time the user is changed, what happens quite often. As we work with files in many different folders assigning Folder Scripts wouldn't be practical too (Folder Scripts are not recursive and have to be assigned to every single folder). A Chron job might be a solution, but i am not sure if i understand the principle right - it can be triggered every hour?

Any suggestion or link is highly appreciated, thanks Achim