2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 12:45 PM by afinden7

Image turns pink after export

afinden7

I'm exporting a documentary short (about 18 minutes) from my Premiere CS6 timeline as Uncompressed 10 bit, Apple ProRes 422, and BluRay h.264 versions.  After each export, even on different computers, my completed video file adds more pink to the faces of interviewees, and subtracts the tannish skin tones, leaving them looking pale and sunburnt.

I've tried turning off the gamma correction settings, and I've even tried exporting through Quicktime 7 Pro and Compressor with the same results.  I am viewing the finished video on the same computer screen as my sequence, and side-by-side, they are noticably very different.

Any idea why this is happening?  How can I get it to export with the same colors as appear in the program window of the sequence?

• 1. Re: Image turns pink after export
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I am viewing the finished video on the same computer screen as my sequence, and side-by-side, they are noticeably very different.

That's not quite good enough.  You really do need to get the image onto a properly calibrated TV, taking all software and graphics drivers out of the equation.  One you have that in place, you will have some reasonable assurance that you are seeing the signal correctly.  Until that's done, you can't have any such assurance as the operating system, graphics driver and even software player can and often do alter the signal.

So...get those exports onto a calibrated TV, and then judge it's quality.  And for any meaningful comparison, you'll also need to get the originals onto that TV.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Image turns pink after export
            afinden7 Level 1

Well I did color balance through the project's sequence onto a properly calibrated projector for screening, so at least the editing step is finished in that sense.

Are you saying it's possible that the two images appear different on the same monitor, but if I place the exported file onto the projector that I color graded to, it will look how it's supposed to?

Thanks for the reply.