1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2007 4:33 PM by kglad

Reusing dynamically loaded movies

Hello,

I am trying to reuse a dynamically loaded movie which has been loaded with a movie clip loader. The movie loads fine and can be displayed once with no problem. However, I would like to be able to store this movie so that it can be resused again without loading it from the URL again. Is there a way to do this?

I found this in the docs:
      quote:

the problem w/ attachmovie is that one must have a link identifier (in linkage panel) in order to attach it.

there is no way (that i know of) to attach a *dynamically* created clip - either by duplicateMovieClip or createEmptyMovieClip.

I'm hoping this isn't true. What if I had a JPG I loaded dynamically and I wanted to use it 100 times? I can't imagine having to load the JPG 100 times.

I need something like attachMovie(), but that only works with movies that are already in the library. Does anyone know if there a way to reuse a dynamically loaded movie? I've tried all sort of combinations of createEmptyMovieClip, duplicateMovieClip, and attachMovie but nothing has worked.

FYI - I am using Flash 2004 MX Pro and ActionScript 2.0.