2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 4:27 PM by mm326206@ohio.edu

Recovering lost White background on blueprint file

mm326206@ohio.edu Level 1

I was at work today and opened a Ps document that someone else had created. I don't know what I did (I'm a relatively new Ps user) and I don't even know how I ended up saving it. The document is floor plans overlaid on a site plan with logos, text. etc. (so, it's too complicated for my limited time and knowledge to be able to re-import the source document and re-format the entire thing). When I first opened the document, all the floor plans looked normal, but now, one no longer has a white background. The black outlines of the rooms are still there, but there's nothing underneath (I see the gray and white checkerboard background between the black outlines). I need to know how to make that area white again. It seems to me like maybe I deleted a layer... maybe... I don't know...? I can't just use the fill tool to fill white into the background space because (a) the entire shape is not closed, so applying a fill to one area fills the entire document and (b) I know that's not the right way to do it... I'm trying to get it back to the way it's supposed to be, not just make it look right because other people from work might still use the electronic file. Please help!