1 Reply Latest reply: May 17, 2013 12:09 AM by neil wilkes RSS

Please help with audio and video not syncing.

jjk23

I'm using Encore 3, and have already authored a DVD a month ago without a glitch. The following are the same steps I used, but this time around, the video and audio in Encore are not syncing.

Here's what I've done.

1) I export my Final Cut projects to .mov using the following settings (Share > Master File).

Format: Video and Audio

Video codec: H.264

Resolution: 1920x1080

Audio file format: Quicktime Movie (AAC)

Include chapter markers: Unchecked

Roles as: Quicktime Movie

2) I run the .mov file in Compressor using the "Disc Burning" preset.

3) I then import the .ac3 and .m2v files that Compressor created into Encore.

4) In Encore, I select both files and go to New > Timeline.

In the Timeline window, the durations on both are the same. But I don't understand why the audio and video are not synced when I preview or when I burn a test DVD. The audio comes in just a tad late.

Video Clip:

Source In: 00;00;00;00

Duration: 00;02;33;29

In-Point: 00;00;00;00

Out-Point: 00;02;33;29

Audio Clip:

Source In: 00;00;00;00

Duration: 00;02;34;00

In-Point: 00;00;00;00

Out-Point: 00;02;34;00

What's puzzling is that two of the 10 videos I've import to Encore are synced perfectly -- same export settings from FCP, same settings Compressor.

Please help.

Thanks!

Mark

• 1. Re: Please help with audio and video not syncing.
          neil wilkes Community Member

Hi Mark.

Do you have any situations where there is more than one video file in a timeline?

Secondly - why are you using H264 HD files for a DVD? This is using lossy compression to make the H264, which is in turn then scaled & even further bitrate reduced for M2V.

I would give it a try rendering an SD video file for use in Encore - not the H264 - and starting out with Dolby Digital or LPCM audio, not AAC.

As with all DVD authoring programs, Encore works best with DVD compliant assets - which you are most definitely using - but I still think you are over-complicating things by using H264/AAC at all.

Eliminating this may help.