• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export signatures and preferences

New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am due to upgrade a number of laptops from 7 Pro to 7 Enterprise, so full format and re-build unfortunatley.  Is there any way to export the signatures used to sign docs out of Acrobat Pro?  I am told that current signatures will also need to work with existing docs that have been digitally signed.  Apologies my knowledge on this process is not 100%.

The users also have a number of preferences that will need to be retained and imported onto the new build.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some preferences can be found in this folder:

C:/Users/<USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Acrobat/11.0/Preferences

But I don't think you can export most preferences, so take screenshots of the Preferences windows before formatting your hard-drive, just in case...

Regarding signatures: It depends on the type of signature.

Some signatures are just stamps, for example those that can be created via the Sign panel on the right. You will find them in the following path:

C:/Users/<USERNAME>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Acrobat/11.0/Stamps

Other signatures (digital IDs) can be exported by going to Edit - Preferences - Signatures, then click the More... button in the Identities & Trusted Certificates box and from there you could export the digital IDs in your computer as files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using? In Acrobat 9 and later you can export security setting to a file and then import them on another machine. You will need a signing credential to certify the security settings file as this feature requires that the security settings file is certified.

In Acrobat X it is under Tools->Sign&Certify->More Sign&Certify->Export Security Settings

In Acrobat XI it is under Edit->Preferences->Security->Export

On a separate machine you use the same place but select Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I commonly use set certify in all my learning practices online cause I'm out off school not residing in auSA that's why I performed all the role requires that should be in a group or a team I did that just to save the role that had been given to me I don't want adobe system to go to waste it takes a out way learning just to end up orbit my plan is test all thetri it and istriute it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines