11 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2013 6:48 AM by A.T. Romano RSS

Transitions for premiere elements10.

daveujn Community Member

Is there anywhere I can get a better choice of transitions for premiere elements 10?

Dave

• 1. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
          Steve Grisetti CommunityMVP

You can purchase additional plug-ins from companies like Burger or NewBlue.

http://www.burgers-transition-site.de/

But what transition in particular are you looking for? There are dozens included with the program, all of which are customizable. And there's also the Gradient Wipe, which lets you create a wipe based on any pattern you provide.

• 2. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
            daveujn Community Member

Was looking for something that would provide a burst of light.

• 3. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.

Have you considered Additive Dissolve or, better, Dip to White?

• 4. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
                daveujn Community Member

Have used dip to white but not really giving the burst or brightness I was looking for so thought there may be something better out there.

• 5. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
                  A.T. Romano Community Member

Dave

Have you given any thought to making your own transitions?

What I have in mind is based on the Digital HotCakes' video tutorial "How to Use 101 Transitions" posted at its web site. I make this suggestion for informational rather than promotional reasons. I have no connection with that company. You do not have to use its assets. You can create your own and use the principles involved in the tutorial to create your unique transition.

http://www.animationsforvideo.com/html/adobe_premiere_elements_tutori.htm#

I will work through the idea trying to do a sample do it yourself creation if you have any interest in this aspproach.

ATR

• 6. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.

And don't forget that you can customize your transitions. So you can speed up Dip to White so that it is a quick burst.

Otherwise, do you have a YouTube link to the effect you're trying to get? You can create a custom flash transition by keyframing animation with the Lens Flare effect. You're only limited by your imagination!

• 7. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.

SG

Did you really want to address

And don't forget that you can customize your transitions. So you can speed up Dip to White so that it is a quick burst.

Otherwise, do you have a YouTube link to the effect you're trying to get? You can create a custom flash transition by keyframing animation with the Lens Flare effect. You're only limited by your imagination!

that to Dave?

ATR

• 8. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
                        daveujn Community Member

I did see something similar to what I was after but will need to try to recall it. If I do find it will provide a link. Haven't tried keyframe animation  as not something I have attempted. Will give it a go.

Thanks

• 9. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
                          daveujn Community Member

Below is the link of what I am after but it seems that this plugin is compatiable with final cut pro and not elements 10. 

Its the impact flash I am looking at which I think is a lot better than speeding up dip blur in elements 10.

http://www.filmimpact.net/index.php/plugins/

• 10. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.
                            daveujn Community Member

At this early stage of editing films I am not sure I am adept enough to create my own transitions, although I do play around with it a lot when I have some time.

Unfortunately time is something I don't have a lot of which is why it would be easier for me to just be able to add the effect I am after.

But If you are happy to let me have a few ideas I would be gratefull .

Dave

• 11. Re: Transitions for premiere elements10.

Dave,

I think that you rushed to judgment on those FilmImpact transitions that you say that you would like but are not compatible with Premiere Elements 10. Not so for my Premiere Elements 10 Windows as well as Premiere Elements 11 Windows. This is what I did.

1. Downloadeded "Transition Pack 1 Demo" from that link that you provided for your transitions sought list. Unzipped it with 7-Zip.

2. Took the Impact_Flash.prm from that and placed it in my Windows 7 64 bit, using the path:

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe Premiere Elements 10

Plug-Ins

Common

and in the Common Folder placed this .prm file.

When I opened Premiere Elements 10 project, Edit Header/Transitions/Video Transitions/, I found the "Impact Flash" transition there in a category named "FilmImpact.net 1". From there I dragged the transition to the Timeline where it worked well at playback of my rendered Timeline in the Edit Mode monitor.

3. The same was true for Premiere Elements 11. Installation route was the same except the folder "Adobe Premiere Elements 11" replaced "Adobe Premiere Elements 10" in the path.

When I opened Premiere Elements 11 project, went to the Transition Tab at the bottom of the Expert view interface, I found the "Impact Flash" transition under the category named "FilmImpact.net 1". Worked great when dragged to Timeline Expert view.

That was only one of the downloaded .prm transitions that I tested. You may want to take another look at the compatibility of these specific transitions in your system if you want the free ones and are willing to pay for the others in that download that are not free, just there as demos.

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR.