• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Creative Cloud, previously we had Adobe CS6 Design Premium. Before upgrading I de-installed Adobe CS6 Design Premium from my Windows 8 Professional 64-bit PC, I then ran the Adobe Removal tool went for a reboot.

After the reboot I went with the new install of Creative Cloud Apps using the latest Adobe Application Manager everything downloaded and installed fine however Illustrator in 32 bit version doesnt work, every time I click on the shortcut I get this error saying 'Illustrator.exe - Entry Point Not Found.

Untitled-1.jpg

I completely removed Illustrator again and tried a second attempt at installing and keep getting the same error, also Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (Version 16.2.0) will not install and neither will the Touch App Plugin Update.

Clearly something is weird with the install for 32-bit. The 64-bit version functions fine however I want to try and resolve this issue so that everything works.

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Please let us know do you have any antivirus installed on your machine. If yes disable it. Turn off firewall and disable UAC. Restart your machine and try to install it again.

Disable UAC: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/hyperyash/archive/2012/07/18/disabling-user-account-control-in-windows-8.asp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed your exact procedure disbled anti-virus, disabled Windows Firewall and disabled UAC. De-installed everything then rebooted, made sure anti-virus was disabled along with Firewall then downloaded again and installed and exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the mentioned steps:

1. Uninstall Illustrator from control Panel. Empty temp folder.

2. Enable hidden Admin: Open Command Prompt as administrator and type--> net user administrator /active:yes

3. Log Off and log in as administrator

4. Try to install the application again in root account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly, so essentially I did everything you said in the first response, but then from the RUN prompt I typed %TEMP% and cleared all files. Also cleared out files from the Adobe folder which related to Illustrator.

I then enabled Administrator account as you highlighted, rebooted then installed fine.

Now works perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Hai Romsinha .... My illustrator was this so how can i resolve this problem plz tell me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue but all of these didn't work for me. What did work was to disable UAC and Anti-Virus then uninstall Illustrator from the control panel. After the uninstall, I emptied the temp directory C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp then I also deleted the Adobe Illustrator directories from the previous install (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)). I then reinstalled to C:\Program Files\Adobe and let the installer recreate the directories. It is something left over in those directories from the previous install that was causing my issue.

I hope this helps some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot (1).pngplz help my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines