6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 10:21 AM by KeyStudio

Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations

community help Level 1

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-exporting-video-animations.html

• 1. Re: Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations
          KeyStudio Level 2

Is there a way to fix audio that is out of sync with video? The raw file is fine. Thanks!

• 2. Re: Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

KeyStudio wrote:

The raw file is fine.

What do you mean by that?  RAW files are normally a Camera file that containing a single camera sensor's mosaic still image. The sensor's raw data.

To get audio and video into sync you need the video and audio in separate tracks not together so you can shift their timeline locations independently.

To me it sound like your original video is in sync and together however it get out of sync when Photoshop renders the video using some other encoding codecs.

Photoshop only come with a few video presets and you can not add any.  You need Adobe Premier to be able to use Adobe media encoder well.

• 3. Re: Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations
              KeyStudio Level 2

Sorry, I meant the original file, the footage I am trying to edit. Not sure what to call it. It's a .mov file. (I do work with the RAW format for photos but in my workflow call unedited video "raw" as in raw footage–I did not mean to imply that was the video format.)

Thank you for your reply. The problem is present in the timeline, before the file is rendered. At first I thought it was because I trimmed some time off the beginning of the clip, but when I placed it to play from the actual beginning the problem persists.

Again, I apologize if my terminology is unclear. I do know that I can sync them if they are on separate tracks but I was hoping to not have to go to that length (also, at that point I would have to move into Premiere or another program, I assume?)

Thanks again for your response. I was really excited to be able to do quick videos in Photoshop, which I know so well, but this kind of stumped me!

• 4. Re: Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations
                kwieghmink

Hi- this website n training video has been very helpful. Thank you. However I'm having trouble when exporting my file.After rendering the file and I open in windows media player (unfortunately I'm working on a pc n not a Mac) it plays the audio but no image or I don't see the video just a blank windows media player.  Please help.

• 5. Re: Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations
                  Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I don't use Photoshop for Video, but in Premiere Pro, if you Alt (Opt) drag the audio track, it will move independantly of the video.

• 6. Re: Photoshop Help | Saving and exporting video and animations
                    KeyStudio Level 2

Yes, this is what I ended up doing. From what I can tell the out-of-sync problem stems from using the .mov container to capture video, which I had been doing in Quicktime. Until I find a better way to record I am stuck resyncing in Premiere Pro, which is not a big deal to do once in a while but is a huge annoyance to have to do every single time. :/