2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2013 6:49 AM by the_wine_snob

Which Adobe product do I need?

chrisge87

Hi, I've bought the Premiere Elements 10 and Photoshop Elements 10 package but I'm looking to do more.

I'd like to be able to:

1. Create animations more easily.

2. Be able to have a partially transparent image auto animate, so mark from spot a to spot b and have it move across by itself.

3. Add these animations to my Premiere Elements video projects.

4. Create animated gifs

Do I really need to buy CS to do these things or is there another program that will do these things plus give me extra bells and whistles for my Premiere Elements projects?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Sujatha PJ for product clarity.

• 1. Re: Which Adobe product do I need?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your best solution for creating animated GIFs is the professional version of Photoshop, which includes a timeline for doing exactly what you want to do.

The bad news is that it's pretty pricey. The good news is that this feature has been available for over 10 years, so if you can find even a pre-CS version of Photoshop (Photoshop 5, for instance) used on Amazon or eBay, it will do what you need without costing you much.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Which Adobe product do I need?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Photoshop Extended (CS 3 through CS 5.5), and then Photoshop CS 6, will handle animation pretty well.

For #2, Adobe After Effects would be ideal, as it has many features and Extensions, that will automate the animation over time, and from point A to point B.

Neither option, will be cheap, but as Steve points out, there might be some "deals" out there, since the Adobe CS suites are going away, to be replaced by the Creative Cloud (CC) licensing scheme.

Also, there might be less expensive options with non-Adobe programs. However, as I have the CS 6 Production Premium, I really have not explored any of those. Others might have some useful recommendations for those.

Good luck,

Hunt