3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2013 12:56 PM by Jim_Simon

Audio sync slip in CS6, gets ahead of visual every few mins

Johnprem6

My audio gets ahead of visual, whether import from tape or file.  Thought at first it was due to old projects from CS2, but it does this regardless, anyone had and solved this problem?

• 1. Re: Audio sync slip in CS6, gets ahead of visual every few mins
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 2. Re: Audio sync slip in CS6, gets ahead of visual every few mins
            Johnprem6 Level 1

More Detail.  Recently installed Full Master Collection Suite CS6  PC version into a brand new PC with 64GB Ram 4.5Ghz CPU on a ASUS Sabertooth X79 m/board, GeForce 680 graphics, SSD for programs and 2x 3TB HDs for storage.  Very little other software, not even Office as didn't want to effect video editing.  Don't use internet so can't get virus attacks, so haven't done an update unless I did one at install time which was a few months ago.

I record with JVC-GY HD 100 and 250 cameras which record on mini-DV tape and Hard Drive which I import as MT2 format.  I'll do some tests but I think the audio slip is on both MT2 files and tape captures alike.

Never had this problem with previous verions of Prem Pro such as CS3.  It clearly gets effected drop a frame drop occurs, I get a RED frame and half of another nearby frame corrupting a frame quite often even on brand new tapes, that usually instantly un-synch's audio by a second, but even when I haven't spotted a dropped frame it creeps out of synch after a few minutes.

• 3. Re: Audio sync slip in CS6, gets ahead of visual every few mins
              Jim_Simon Level 8

I get a RED frame

Those are inserted by PP when there is a drop out of tape.  The red frame is there specifically to combat sync issues, so I'm not sure why you still have them.

In any event, at this stage of the game it's better not to shoot on tape if you have other options.