12 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2013 3:19 PM by Jacob Bugge RSS

I am trying to remake my old logo into vector but i get jagged, un-smooth paths with the trace tool

I am using the Adobe Illustrator CS6  image trace tool to remake my old logo into vector but i get jagged not smooth paths. I have illustrator CS6 on Mac. I tried breaking my logo down into parts and then join them together to make the full logo. one of the parts is an alligator, and when i tried using the image trace tool, i got somwhat smooth lines but not as well rounded as i would like. I want to get a nice gator with close to the original color of the original .jpeg, with well rounded paths especially around the mid-section, tail, and jaw. I am not sure what to do? As far as the font used in the typigraphy in the full logo, i have that already. Please Help! Also, i do have photoshop CS6 if needed. ALL HELP IS DEEPLY APPRECIATED!

If you would like to help me directly, i can email you my .AI file as i have it now, and I would be VERY grateful for that too!. Leave your email in the comments below.

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 1.22.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-05-18 at 1.24.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 1.27.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-05-18 at 1.26.13 PM.png

(this is the lower jaw, and has a jagged path insted of a smooth                                                                                                                                             well slightly rounded one)

Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 1.26.00 PM.pngGatorCaseLogo-1-1-2.jpg

(this is the jagged path by the tail)                                                                          (this is the logo I am trying to re-create)