4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2013 12:51 PM by Marshrat68

Wrong language in CS6

Marshrat68

I installed CS6 via download and it is not the English version (I think it's Italian).  There was no prompt to choose a language during the installation. How do I get the English version?

• 1. Re: Wrong language in CS6
          vinsolo Level 3

I believe you may find help here.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/665255

vince

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Wrong language in CS6
            Marshrat68 Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  I had seen this thread, but appears to apply to Creative Cloud applications.  What I purchased and downloaded was the old-fashioned, single-user-license version of Photoshop CS6.  Adobe's download page had me first download and install Akamai Net Session, which it promised would make the installation quick and painless!   I anticipate I will now have to uninstall the wrong-language version it gave me, but before I do that I need to deactivate it so that I don't lose either of the two install privileges that come with Photoshop.  If CS6 is like earlier versions of Photoshop, deactivation is done through the menu in Photoshop, but I cannot read that since it's not in English.  I'm not willing to presume that the menu is identical to earlier versions of Photoshop or else I could make the menu selections from a combination of memory and an uneducated attempt to read Spanish or Italian, whatever it is.  I need both install privileges and am not willing to risk losing one through an improper un-install.  I'll check with Adobe chat help when they re-open on Monday.  Then I want to be sure I don't simply repeat the same mistake and download a non-English version.  Thanks again for your reply though.

• 3. Re: Wrong language in CS6
              vinsolo Level 3

Screenshot_5_19_13_1_54_PM-2.jpgthis header can be seen in the R hand columnim my safari browser whie in photoshop forum. It maybe helpful
              vince

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Wrong language in CS6
                Marshrat68 Level 1

Thanks again for your help.  As I suspected, because this was a direct sale of a stand-alone application (and a dinosaur at that; CS6 is the final version of Photoshop in stand-alone, single-user format.  In future it will exist only through Creative Cloud.), the only solution is for Adobe to refund my money (after I deactivate and uninstall the Spanish version) and then purchase the English version.  There is no way to change the language of an individual CS6 application once it is sold.  I have now done all that and have an English version sitting in my account ready to be downloaded.  It seems to me that the process has been more complicated than necessary -- not least because I could order the product only by phone, not online as I have done for previous versions of both Photoshop and Lightroom, so I could not see that they had provided the wrong version until I had paid for it.