1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2013 1:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Green Preview Screen?

ditto0000

I have recently started using the trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements to see if I would like to buy the full version, and I have found an error, in which the preview screen shows me something like

Desktop 2013-05-19 3-19-06 PM-538.png

Rather than

Desktop 2013-05-19 3-19-11 PM-866.png

(If I double click the video in the timeline)

The video format is mp4.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

• 1. Re: Green Preview Screen?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ditto0000

Lots of questions.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11? What is your Playback Quality setting as seen by right clicking the monitor and selecting Playback Quality...Automatic or Highest?

a. What camera is this .mp4 video coming from, and what are the properties of the video (video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, etc). That ".mp4" is wrapper format - file extension.

b. Is your video card driver up to date, according to its manufacturer?

c. Please confirm your Premiere Elements 11 project setting in Edit Menu/Project Settings. What are they?

d. On Video 1 it looks like there is at least one frame represented there that is not green. If you set the Video Track Style Display to show all the frames on Video 1, are all the frames showing images, not green? It looks like the Preview Windows is not showing green. What does the thumbnail for this video look like in Project Assets, green or expected image?

e. Is the green display restricted to this particular video? What do you see on the monitor when you playback Timeline of jpeg photos? Are you working with a dual monitor system?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR