4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2013 10:57 AM by elainecc

linking to an outside page with a "page jump"

shadowfax007 Level 1

Hi all-

I have a new HTML website done in Edge.  I also have one done for smart phones, also using Edge.

The one for smart phones has a "Banner" style animation at the top, followed by jquery mobile "buttons" underneath (not done within Edge).  It is all contained on one "HTML" page.

Within the Edge animation at the top, I have three links.  Two of these need to direct to a particular place on the page (another "page-jump" in the "one-page" site).

Now with the jquery buttons, they all link to the correct spots using this code within an unordered list:

<ul>

<li><a href="#page2" data-transition="flip">Design</a></li>

<li><a href="#page3" data-transition="flip">Develop</a></li>

</ul>

I need the links within the Edge animation to go to two divs within the page (these are set up the same as the other links above for #page1 - page5):

"#page6"

"#page7"

and preferably use the same "data-transition="flip" properties if possible.

Problem is I cannot figure out how to link to these spots within the page.

I tried entering this for one of the links:

window.open("#page6");

and this:

window.open("#page6", "_self");

Both of these sent to page into "ballistic mode"!  Best I can tell it was continually "reloading" the page as the browser window kept blinking as if trying to reload the page!

Any ideas on what might be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!

James