3 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 5:45 PM by RDOnishi RSS

animation from layers

RDOnishi

I'm tying to make an animation from layers in Photoshop 6, but when I use the timeline window, the "convert frames' options as well as other options are greyed.  It doesn't grey when I open a video file.

I'm tried using JPEG and GIF files as the layers, but am unsure what I'm to do at this point. 

• 1. Re: animation from layers
          Mylenium MVP

Screenshots? The options not being available usually means that you have created some state for a frame that wouldn't allow consistent timeline creation like hiding certain layers....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: animation from layers
            JJMack MVP

RDOnishi wrote:

I'm tying to make an animation from layers in Photoshop 6, but when I use the timeline window, the "convert frames' options as well as other options are greyed.  It doesn't grey when I open a video file.

I'm tried using JPEG and GIF files as the layers, but am unsure what I'm to do at this point. 

The timeline palette handles two type of animations. Frame Animations and Video Timeline.  Each mode has different option and option will gray out when they are not current available for some required condition or state does not exists. Some examples:

Frame Animation with a single layer document.  note Frame animation options does not have a "convert frames" option that a video timeline option. Note however other option like make frames from layer are grayed out.  The because the are no additional layers to make  frames with.

fa.jpg

Converted to Video timeline you can see there is a "convert frames" but other options are grayed out for they are not available for this document in its current state.

Va.jpg

Here a layered single in this case document in Photoshop video timeline  option "convert frames" grayed out for there is nothing in the video timeline but a button to create a frame animation.

na.jpg

Video Timeline with no document open looks like the above options however you can see there is nothing in the video timeline. The create frame animation button does not hide the video timeline contents.

ND.jpg

• 3. Re: animation from layers
              RDOnishi Community Member

Thanks,

that did the trick