2 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 5:25 PM by Sree Viji RSS

CffileUpload + cffile.clientDirectory

Sree Viji

I am new to coldfusion. I am using coldfusion-10. I am trying to upload multiple image files using cffileupload. I am able to upload files as expected. But I would like to get the metadata before uploading and get the clientFileDirectory of the uploaded files. PFB code

<cffileupload  name = "uploadDemo"  url="uploadSelectedFiles.cfm"  progressbar="true"  addButtonLabel = "Select File(s)"  clearButtonLabel = "Clear"  width="500"  height="400"  title="Choose Files To Upload"  maxUploadSize="1"  maxFileSelect="10"  extensionfilter="*.gif,*.jpg,*.png,*.doc"  uploadButtonLabel="Upload"  onComplete="previewfile"  >  

<cffile action="uploadall" destination="#expandpath('.')#"  nameconflict="makeUnique" result="uploadResult" />  <cfoutput>try</cfoutput>  <cfdump var="#cffile#">  

But cffile.clientDirectory throws an Status code :500 (unable to upload files too....).One more info, I am not able to view the 'try' string output in the main page (file upload page). Please help...I am posting this afresh to draw more attention and get quicker reply.

• 1. Re: CffileUpload + cffile.clientDirectory
          BKBK MVP

There are 2 things: the 500 error and the display of 'try'. I suspect the error is caused by the attribute onComplete="previewfile". The Javascript it points to may have an error. Remove the attribute, and see what happens.

To print the string, enclose it with the # symbol, as follows:

• 2. Re: CffileUpload + cffile.clientDirectory
            Sree Viji Community Member

Hi BKBK,

Thank you so much for the reply. I removed the onComplete="previewfile" and the error 500 disappears now.

I am looking for cffile.clientDirectory information, but unable to get it.PLEASE HELP....I am in dire need of that info. I am not getting it for any uploaded file. PFB my trials.

I tried

Nothing is displayed yet and it gives status 500 error (because try is not defined anywhere). I tried 

no error, no display (or output too). Nevermind, that's not very important.

I tried

<cfdump    var="#uploadResult#"    label="Upload Meta Data"    output="#expandPath( './log.txt' )#"    format="text"    />

and the logs are available now. I am fine with it.

Upload Meta Data - array - Top 1 of 1 rows

1) [struct]
            ATTEMPTEDSERVERFILE: cat.jpg
            CLIENTDIRECTORY: [empty string]
            CLIENTFILE: cat.jpg
            CLIENTFILEEXT: jpg
            CLIENTFILENAME: cat
            CONTENTSUBTYPE: octet-stream
            CONTENTTYPE: application
            DATELASTACCESSED: {d '2013-05-20'}
            FILEEXISTED: YES
            FILESIZE: 446759