1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2013 7:17 AM by Harm Millaard

Computer Novice - Laptop

tribe9

I edit videos that are about 3-5 minutes long to cut them into :30-2:00 long. I use the Priemere Pro and Encoder (to compress and export so I can keep editing in Premiere pro), and rarely anything else. Very simple editing, that I just got thrown into. I use my work desktop right now, it isn't set up for premiere or anything else, but it gets the job done. I need a laptop because I travel a lot and I get backed up with editing work.

I've looked at all these forum discussions, but to be honest this is all a little over my head. I've looked at the Sager NP3265 and just don't want to waste my money if this is not going to work. My one problem I have now with my desktop is that the encoder freezes, even though the files aren't very big.

This is the setup I was looking at for the Sager. This could be way off, I really have no idea about this stuff.

Display15.6" Full HD LED-Backlit Display with Super Glossy Surface (1920 x 1080)
      Video & Graphics Card1GB GDDR3 Nvidia GeForce GT 635M GPU with Optimus Technology / Embedded Intel HD Graphics
      CPU Processor3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.40GHz) [$70.00]
      Thermal CompoundStock Standard Thermal Compound
      Operating SystemGenuine MS Windows® 8 64-Bit Edition
      Memory4GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 1 X 4GB
      Primary Hard Disk Drive750GB 7200rpm SATA2 Hard Drive
      Optical Drive Bay — Optical Drive or Hard Disk Drive in Optical Drive Bay with Caddy case750GB 7200rpm SATA2 HDD + Caddy Case [$80.00]
      Wireless Network CardInternal 802.11 B+G+N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module

Thanks for any help and sorry for posting about laptops on the forum for the millionth time.

Ben