3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2013 8:58 AM by archemedia

Upload bytearray problem

archemedia Level 4

I hope someone can help me after hours of forum reading and struggling...

I have a byte array resulting from an microphone recording in a flex mobile project.

I want to save this as a .wav file on the server.

I have to use UrlLoader since I don't have a file reference

this is my code:

private function uploadAudio(data:ByteArray):void

var urlVariables:URLVariables = new URLVariables();

urlVariables.filename = "myFile.wav";

urlVariables.file = data;

var url:String = "http://myDomain/audioUploader.php";    

var urlRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(url);   

urlRequest.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;  

urlRequest.data = urlVariables;

urlLoader = new URLLoader();  

//urlLoader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.BINARY;

urlLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, completeHandler);

Watching Charles to monitor server traffic, I can see that urlVariables.file is empty even before going to the server. In debugging mode however, urlVariables.file holds the byteArray.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

• 1. Re: Upload bytearray problem
          archemedia Level 4

I changed my code from:

urlVariables.filename = "myFile.wav";

urlVariables.file = data;

urlRequest.data = urlVariables;

urlRequest.data = data; (the byteArray)

now it passes to the server.

But how do I retreive it on the server?

• 2. Re: Upload bytearray problem
            saisri2k2 Level 4

Have you tested with the filereference? May you can try with the data property of it, and on he server you can get it as a stream. Dunno howiit works with php

• 3. Re: Upload bytearray problem
              archemedia Level 4

fileReference is not an option becaus you have to browse first. I can't do that.

Found the solution though:

var urlVariables:URLVariables = new URLVariables();

urlVariables.filename = "myFileName";

var loader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();

loader.dataFormat= URLLoaderDataFormat.BINARY;

var wrapper:URLRequestWrapper = new URLRequestWrapper(data, "myFileName", null, urlVariables);

wrapper.url = "http://myDomain.com/uploader.php";

loader.addEventListener( Event.COMPLETE, completeHandler );

The URLRequestWrapper class does it!

* @author Jonathan Marston