• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I delete the "Adobe RoboHelp 10" folder on my Windows 7 Desktop?

May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I downloaded and installed a trial of Adobe RoboHelp 10.

After installation I ended up with a folder called "Adobe RoboHelp 10" on my Desktop.

But when I try to delete this folder I get a windows 7 error "You require permissions from ... to make changes to this folder".

Require-Permissions-to-delete-Adobe-RoboHelp-10-desktop-folder.gif

I am logged in as Administrator (There is only one account on my machine so for all I understand I am logged in as the one I am instructed to require permissioons from?).

I am running Windows 7 on a Paralells instalaltion on MAC. But for all I can tell my Desktop is not located on the MAC (network drive).

Why has RoboHelp 10 installations created a folder I do not have priviliges to change on my desktop?

How do I delete this folder?

Please give me a clue. This is driving me mad...

Regards, Kjell-Olov Högdahl

CEO The ITfied AB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am correct this file contains the unzipped download, there will be setup.exe file in it. It normally deletes OK. Try rebooting first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to reboot my MAC (and consequently parellels desktop) to be able to remove the folder.

The error may have something to do with the fact that the installation failed due to insufficient disk-space? Maybe this in combination with running on a virtual machine casued the desktop folder created by RoboHelp installation to get "strange" security settings?

(I add this comment just to share this information should anyone else encounter the same problem).

/Kjell-Olov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp