1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2013 9:02 AM by Curt Y

Problem with screen tearing and black dots in Photoshop CS6

CPUCore

I recently reinstalled windows 7, and since then I've been having two problems with photoshop cs6.

The first one is that whenever I make an action in the program like zooming, using the hand tool, making strokes with the brush, I get these black dots appearing and disappearing on the screen.They are like black pixels and appear at random locations.I actually had the same problem a couple of months ago and got the advice to install the 12.8 catalyst drivers for my ATI SAPPHIRE 7870, as they are the most stable.That fixed it and I haven't had the problem until now when I reinstalled my windows and it started happening again.The only difference is that installing the 12.8 drivers doesn't fix it anymore.I tried many driver versions 13.4, 13.5 beta, 12.10 and the problem stays.I know it's a GPU problem, because when I desable the GPU in Performance, it fixes it.The only solution that I have found for this problem is to put the drawing mode on Basic in Performance and that fixes it.So this is not the main issue at the moment, since as far as I know, I can just stay in Basic mode and it won't affect my digital drawing.If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

The second problem that I have is that, there is a ton of screen tearing when I move my image around, like using the hand tool and the rotate view tool especially.It's like not having Vsync turned on or something, but as there is no option like that in PS CS6, I can't control that.I tried turning off and on the different option in Performance and nothing fixes it.It's interesting that even when I turn off GPU ussage, the problem still stays, so maybe it's not a video card/driver problem, but what else could it be?It's really frustrating to work like this and I hope you can suggest some ways to fix it.

So bottom line: black dots- fixed it with switching to Basic drawing mode, would like to know if there are other ways to fix it; screen tearing when moving the canvas/ image- have no ideas how to fix it.

My PC specs are Core i3-3220 CPU 3.30 GHz, 8GB RAM Kingston HyperX, Sapphire Radeon 7870 HD 2GB GHz Edition, Motherboard - ASUS P8H77-V and I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.